MILLER COUNTY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Thursday, May 4, 2017
Kindergarten registration for students living in Miller County and enrolling in Miller County Elementary School will be held on May 4th at the BOE, in the Professional Development Room. Students must have had their fifth birthday on or before September 1st. All registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 1:00 p.m. Students who do not reside in Miller County may be able to register at a later, publicized date if there is any availability in the grade. Please call 758-4140 to make an appointment for registration. No walk-in enrollments will be accepted on these days due to the time needed to give the kindergarten registration test to each enrollee.
STUDENTS MUST ACOMMPANY PARENT TO REGISTRATION FOR TESTING PURPOSES.
Parents of student enrollees may stop by the elementary school office to obtain a registration packet to complete prior to the registration date and to provide the parents with a guideline of required information that is to be provided to the school upon registration. Please make sure that all information is completed and attached to the registration packet upon the registration date. Registration will not be completed without the following information:
1. Completed and signed registration form (please ensure that all required signatures are on the form)
2. A copy of your child’s certified birth certificate (must state “from the office of vital statistics” from the state of birth)
3. A copy of your child’s social security card with matching last name to birth certificate
4. A copy of your child’s updated immunizations (shot record) indicating the correct dosage of shots for his/her age on a Georgia 3231
5. A copy of your child’s EED (Ear, Eye, and Dental Exam) must be provided on a Georgia 3300 Form
6. A copy of proof of residency (This must be a physical address and not a post office box with the name of the caregiver listed on the proof of address.)
Children that are already in Pre-K or Head Start have already been scheduled and will not need to make an appointment.
PLEASE MAKE YOUR CHILD’S APPOINTMENT TODAY
BY CALLING 758-4140
Anyone who wishes to volunteer or participate at MCES for a school or classroom event must have an updated background check on file at the office of the principal
At Miller County Elementary, we believe that children start their future when they are young. Therefore, we provide an education to students in grades K-5 that is full of variety. However, we do not neglect the core subjects.
Make sure to check out the online resources page located under Teacher Resources.
MCES is a part of the Miller County Board of Education.
**Parents click here to review our UPDATED Attendance Policy**
OUR MISSION STATEMENT: PIRATES, REACHING OUR POTENTIAL IN RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE.
MISSION: Pirates exhibit integrity by upholding the highest ethical standards and moral values, make positive character driven choices, are responsible for creating accountable partnerships, and are empowered to respect and be respected, and believe that they can achieve excellence through confidence in themselves, their school and their community.